Friday, September 18, 2009

Billionaire Boys Club X Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3 - So Ambitious T-Shirt



Pharrell Williams’ Billionaire Boys Club has collaborated with Jay-Z on a new collection of t-shirts including this first one that celebrates the song that Pharrell and Jay-Z worked on off Jay-Z’s newest number 1 album, The Blueprint 3. This BBC x Jay-Z “So Ambitious” tee comes in White and features both branding by BBC with the Astronaut as well as Jay-Z’s new album with the three stripes on the left sleeve. Look for two additional BBC x Jay-Z t-shirts to be debuted in the coming week.



Pharrell Williams kept it "one hunnit" when he confessed to how one of the best songs on Blueprint 3, "So Ambitious", was created...

"We did it all by phone," Williams said. "One-hundred percent. Phone and e-mail. I've never done that before in my life. I just sent him the joint, 'cause he beat me up for the whole album. He was just kinda like, 'I need something to really tell a story.' And I was like, 'OK.' And I sent him this track. I said, 'I'm sending you clouds with 808s [drums] under it.' There's just clouds, and it's expansive. You can just speak. It's a blank canvas. Then I sent him the hook and played it for him, and he lost his mind." -MTV News

Pharrell goes on to describe what his intentions were when creating the song...

“We wanted to make a record that speaks to kids. There’s a couple of lewd words there, but I wanted to make sure that kids heard this record and felt inspired. That’s why there’s a little bit of anger to it. There’s anger in his verses, there’s anger in my chorus. That’s why I say spiteful things at the top [of the record]. There’s anger there, because there’s heat. Because you’re young and people are telling you what you can and can’t do. Unacceptable.”






No comments:

Post a Comment